Photo from Innovative Wealth
By Kenneth Kim
On Sep. 22, we lost an American icon. Lawrence Peter Berra, better known as Yogi Berra, passed away at the age of 90.
During his 90 years, Berra lived a prosperous American life.
He served as a gunner’s mate during World War II. After the war, he began his 19-season hall of fame baseball career. His baseball accomplishments include three most valuable player awards, 18 all star selections and winning a record of 10 World Series championships.
After his playing career, Berra stayed around baseball as a manager and coach for the New York Yankees, New York Mets and Houston Astros.
Besides baseball, Berra was a loyal family man as he was married to his wife, Carmen, for 65 years.
His legacy will continue to live on through Yogi-isms, the witty sayings quoted by Berra throughout his life that have made their way into American pop culture.
Below are just a few of Berra’s most famous Yogi-isms:
10. “It’s deja vu all over again.”
9. “When you come to a fork in the road… take it.”
8. “I didn’t really say everything I said.”
7. “We made too many wrong mistakes.”
6.”You can observe a lot by watching.”
5. “The future ain’t what it used to be.”
4. “It gets late early out here.”
3. “Why buy good luggage, you only use it when you travel.”
2. “It ain’t over ’till it’s over.”
1. “If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.”