By Kayla Shults
DWI, harassment and criminal mischief. This is the Crime Report for March 30 to April 6 at Stony Brook University on Indie Air.
Host: Julio Avila
- On March 30, a criminal mischief complaint was filed with University Police when a demolished chair was found in a stairwell of the Melville Library. It is alleged that the chair was thrown down the flight of stairs.
- On the evening of March 30, a 20-year-old female was rushed to the hospital from West Apartments with a drug and alcohol overdose.
- There was an arrest for larceny at the Stony Brook Hospital, where a yellow-colored watch and some pills were stolen from an individual there.
- On March 31, there was a referral at Benedict College for marijuana use.
- University Police reported a case of larceny at Langmuir College after a wallet was stolen.
- Two individuals were issued referrals after they were found smoking marijuana in the inner quad of Tabler Quad on April 2.
- Also on April 2, there was another referral for some individuals who were smoking marijuana in a vehicle outside of Lauterber College.
- A case of larceny was reported to the University Police on April 2, a pair of headphones were stolen from the humanities building on March 12, and was just reported last weekend.
- The theft of another pair of headphones from the campus recreation center was reported on April 2.
- On April 2, University Police reported a case of criminal mischief at the Hilton Garden Inn when a car was vandalized in the parking lot of the hotel.
- An individual was arrested for DWI on April 3 after they were pulled over near the Hilton Garden Inn.
- In Roosevelt Quad, also on April 3, the police reported a case of criminal mischief after an individual with a parking boot locked on to the wheel of their car attempted to drive away with the boot still on the vehicle.
- University Police responded to a complaint of the smell of marijuana coming from a dorm room in Keller College on April 3. The suspects were gone on arrival.
- On April 4, the University Police responded to a complaint of harassment outside of Hand College. The confrontation was between a female and a male, and the male victim refused to prosecute.
- On April 5, a man who was not affiliated with the university was arrested and issued a desk appearance for loitering outside of Dreiser College in Tabler Quad.
- There was a case of larceny at the university hospital on April 6, when a purse went missing.
For more on these stories and others, visit sbindependent.org, follow us @SBINews, like the Stony Brook Independent Facebook page and download the new Independent app for Android.
Crime Reports are posted every Friday