Photo by Kevin Matyi
By Kevin Matyi
Bare knuckled brawls, smoking in the attic and intoxication and that gate. Here is the Crime Report for March 23 to March 29, on Indy Air.
- On March 24, after 10 p.m., police received a report from the University Hospital that four individuals were fighting. According to police, none of them had any affiliation with the university, no weapons were involved and one of the four was arrested.
- At approximately 5 p.m. on March 25 in the Humanities building, police received a report that a computer had been drawn on with black marker, and that an “obscene drawing” was on the desk.
- The next day, March 26, at 2:45 p.m. near the Student Activity Center, a male commuter student was referred for disrupting a campus bus.
- A driver was arrested on March 27 at 4 a.m. at the Main Gate Booth of Stony Brook University for driving while intoxicated.
- Minutes later, another driver with no affiliation to the university was arrested at the same location for possession of marijuana. Of the two passengers, one was a student. The unaffiliated passenger was taken to the hospital to be treated for intoxication, while the student was referred for possession of marijuana and a controlled substance.
- Just after 2 a.m. on March 28 at Stimpson College, a female residential student was issued a summons for driving on campus while her passengers had open containers of alcohol.
- Later in the morning, three male residential students were arrested for trespassing after police found them smoking marijuana in the attic of Langmuir College.
- After 7 p.m. on March 29 in the University Hospital, a patient struck another patient “because she thought the patient stole something from her,” according to police. The victim declined prosecution.
For more on these stories and others, visit sbindependent.org, follow us @SBINews and like the Stony Brook Independent Facebook page.
Crime Reports are posted every Friday