Photo by Kevin Matyi
By Kevin Matyi
Here is the crime report for Tuesday, Feb. 17 to Monday, Feb. 23:
- On Tuesday, Feb. 17, at almost 9:00 p.m., a student reported that their car had been hit by an unknown vehicle in West Apartments. The case remains open.
- The next day, a female commuter student’s car was scratched on both sides of her vehicle by an unknown person. The commuter believes the damage may have been done by a person she had parked close to before going to class. The case remains open.
- Police referred nine students on Thursday, Feb. 19 in Yang College, Roosevelt Quad because of marijuana use after a resident assistant smelled smoke. This is the most referrals issued at one time this semester.
- A fight was stopped on Friday, Feb. 20 just before midnight between a male and female student in Stimson College, Roosevelt Quad. The couple was arguing over a past, unknown incident. The police report stated that the female student was crying, and that police arrested the male student on charges of criminal mischief and menacing.
- A driver was arrested in the Long Island Railroad Parking Lot before 5:00 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 21 for drunk driving. According to police, the driver’s blood alcohol level was .16, or twice the legal limit.
- Police said a desk was found “broken down the middle” on Sunday, Feb. 22 in Irving College, Mendelsohn Quad. The case remains open.
Crime Reports are posted every Friday.