Image from https://theodysseyonline.com/
By Maddy Marcus
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But, sometimes the words we came up with weren’t exactly the artist’s intention. This Valentine’s Day, make sure you get your intentions across as clearly as possible, or you’ll end up having a bad time. Luckily, we have some memes to give you some advice this V-day.
1. Dress up for the occasion.
Auguste Toulouche “Reflection of Beauty”
2. Always have those “bad date” excuses handy.
Theodore Levigne “The Romantic Suitor”
3. Try not to sound too desperate.
Alexander Ivanov “Appearance of Jesus to Mary Magdalene after resurrection”
4. Don’t be clingy, either.
Anne-Louis Girodet “The Burial of Atala”
5. Don’t rush things.
Federico Andreotti “A Tender Moment in the Garden”
Just go with the flow.
6. Always be ready in case things start to ~heat up~
7. Don’t fight.
Jacques-Louis David “The Intervention of the Sabine Women”
8. Don’t piss off your significant other.
Peter Paul Rubens “Daniel in the Lion’s Den”
9. No date? Bad date? Friends will always be there.
Georges de La Tour “The Cheat with the Ace of Clubs”
We all need our girl or guy time.
10. When in doubt, stick with cats.
John William Godward “The Tease”
Because, let’s face it, cats will never break your heart.